Thursday 3 August 2017

Pokeball Cookies

This theme...
It would not be my first choice, I tell you. But a mother's gotta do what a mother's gotta do, right?!

So here I am, decorating Pokeballs.

They're actually not so bad. Just three colours! Yay!
But that they're round. And we all know the challenges I have with symmetry!





Anyway, here goes:

  • Royal icing in three colours and two consistencies. 
  • Use a template to help define areas. 
  • Outline with detail-consistency royal icing.
  • Flood with flooding-consistecy royal icing. 
  • Allow the white area and red area to set before piping in the black. 
  • The little white circle in the middle is done wet-on-wet onto the black icing (which I figured was the easiest way to make sure it was round!) 




If you've got an airbrush, add a little airbrushing with red to give the balls some depth.
See - not so bad!



Now I need to go decorate a Pokemon inspired cake. Give me strength!
😉

xxM

2 comments:

  1. Not sure if you'll see this, since this post is from 2 years ago! Haha! What consistency icing do you use for the black and the white circle? I'm hoping to attempt these this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I hope this reaches you in time to help with your Pokeball decorating!
      I used icing just slightly thicker than flood consistency for the black - not as thick as detail consistency, though. And the white is normal flood icing.
      Good luck with your cookies!

      Delete