Wednesday 7 May 2014

Lemon and Lime Cheesecake


So, it's voting day in SA, and I've made my mark.
I checked that both ballot papers were stamped, I didn't touch the lines of the box with my X, and used my own pen in case there was "disappearing ink" in the official ones. No, seriously? I thought this democracy was beyond pre-adolescence. What are we, a bunch of 8 year olds??
Anyway, it wasn't the thrill that it was 20 years ago in '94, but it still felt great to cast my vote : )

But moving on from dividing up the political pie...
Take a slice of this:


Lemon and Lime Cheesecake
Recipe by Tea, Cake and Create

Base:
300g Tennis biscuits (or 250g plain biscuits with 50g shredded coconut added), finely crushed
120g butter, melted

 Mix the above together and press into the base of a greased springform pan.
Cover with cling wrap and put in the freezer for 30min.

Pre-heat the oven to 160'C


Filling:
250g Mascarpone
250g medium fat cream cheese
250ml sour cream
150g caster sugar
4 large eggs
1tsp vanilla extract
Zest of 1 lime and 1 lemon

Beat the cream cheese, mascarpone and sugar together until smooth.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Follow with the rest of the ingredients.
Beat well.

Pour the mixture onto the prepared base, and bake in a water bath for 1 hour at 160'C
Leave to cool in the oven.

Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with more lime zest before serving.




Happy baking!

xxM

No comments:

Post a Comment