Friday 23 May 2014

Colourful Cookie Pops


When I first started working with cookies and royal icing, I was fascinated with colour-flow techniques or wet-on-wet work. But then I got hold of some tiny icing nozzles (Ateco 00's weren't widely available in this country until recently, and PME's still aren't.) And I got caught up in fine lines: the challenge of detailed work.
Recently, though, I've re-discovered the delight of wet-on-wet work; not least of all because it's so jolly quick and effective!
So, these were some cookies that I did (jolly quickly!) for my niece's carnival themed party last weekend:



You'll need:
Round lollipop cookies. For the technique see here and here.
Royal icing - flooding consistency; in several colours.
A toothpick.




Icing technique:

Flood cookie.


Immediately (while the icing is still wet) fill in the spokes.
It's easiest to start with a cross,


 then do another cross at 45' to the first one,


 and a third and fourth.


Using a toothpick, pull through the icing clockwise around the outer circumference of the cookie.


Then, about 1cm in from that, pull through the icing in an anti-clockwise direction.



Continue alternating direction until you've reached the centre of the cookie.


Allow to dry completely (24hrs) before packaging or serving. 



Have a colourful weekend!

xxM

2 comments:

  1. Marina, thank you for sharing this. They are soooo pretty. As a novice I want to try this these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure :-)
      They're great cookies to try as a beginner decorator.
      Let me know how they turn out!

      Delete